chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Monday, October 16, 2006

Friday the 13th

Continuing from last entry ...

Went home and told Mom and Dad about the cake gift certificates deal ... handed over the certificates (all 21 of them plus individual envelopes) and the receipt of $729.60. At some point ... Mom yelled out ... that there's an extra envelope which I casually responded that they just probably counted an extra one by mistake.

Mom took both the receipt and certificates and came back with $$. Given that I already washed my hands (literally ... not figure of speech), I asked Mom to put the $$ into an envelope (just one from the pile of mail on my desk). Also asked Mom to give me back the gift certificates since I have to mail them with the invitation cards the next day. Mom gladly passed them to me ... with the coupons already inserted into the accompanying envelopes.

The next day ... found out Mom played a double trick on me ...

1. Turned out the $$ placed in the envelope is $703 ... not $730 ... hmm ...

2. Found out later (in the evening after being efficient and mailed out all the invitation cards with certificates) ... that Mom didn't take out the extra envelope (with no gift certificate) ... which I of course mailed out with one of the invitation cards. Wonder who's the lucky recipient ...

Alas ... after yepping at Mom (for quite a while) for not telling me about the empty envelope ... I took a shower ... went back to my room ... and then suddenly realized ... "today" was Friday the 13th ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home