chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Friday, September 15, 2006

Lucky Me ...

Just back from a quick trip to Shanghai ... have to say that I really lucked out ...

Started off with my logo-ed Swiss Army Knife ... on my way to airport, suddenly remembered that I forgot to put it away. Was just debating what to do (didn't really want to check-in the bag) ... and ended up paying a visit to the post office and mailing it back to myself ... at $8.7 ($6.5 for the bubbled bag and $2.2 for postage) ... it was a good deal.

The flight was ok ... just a slight delay ... it was pouring rain on the way to the hotel ... and therefore there's a long queue at the taxi stand when my taxi arrived at the Okura Garden. Funny enough, a few people already sat into my taxi before I even got out ... so I quickly got out. I casually walked up to the reception desk, and suddenly a cold shiver ... I couldn't find my China ID card!!! After a few seconds, I recalled that I had just put the card into my pants pockets ... so it may have fallen out in the taxi. So, I immediately called the taxi driver ... and tried to explain to him that I dropped my ID card in the back seats ... of course, my wonderful putonghua got me nowhere ... I tried to say 回鄉證 ... but of course he couldn't understand me, haha. Finally, he asked if I'm looking for a "卡" ... So, I really lucked out ... he even immediately turned around and dropped off the card ... with a car full of people ... all "laughing" at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home