chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Blah-Blah-Bil-ly-Blah-Blah ...

Per "soon-to-be" sister-in-law's request, I stopped by Maxim Cake Shop in Central to get some cake gift certificates for inclusion in her wedding invitation. As soon as I stepped into the store, there's a lady there who started "blah blah bil-ly blah blah" non-stop for 60 seconds. I really didn't quite catch all she's saying ... but I figured that she's telling me all the new "cakes" plus promotions going on. When she finally stopped to take a breath, I quickly told her that I wanted to purchase cake gift certificates and asked her if there're any promotions going on. She then asked me how many I'm getting (which I answered 20), and she immediately "blah blah bil-ly blah blah" again for 30 seconds ... which again I didn't quite catch. Fortunately, I already called ahead and kind of knew what's available ... so I asked her if that included the 20% discount ... which she confirmed and smiled and asked if I want to go ahead and purchase. I smiled and said "yes", and she immediately referred me to a girl behind the counter ... and then off she went ... as quickly as she talked ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home