chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Professional?

From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

"PROFESSIONAL"

... (a) : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession; (b) : engaged in one of the learned professions; (c) (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession; (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace

I'm not really an egotistic person ... but I can honestly say I'm a professional person. After a very long weekend (major launch in India ... status calls every 8 hours, including 2am) ... yesterday and today can finally catch up on other work. So, eventhough I've officially ended one of my assignments, I tried to finish off as much additional work as I can before I get busy again. Cleaned up the survival kit for submission to IC ... preparing training material for a class that I won't be teaching ... wrapping up improvement plan eventhough the "owners" strangely have not even asked for it but due date is supposedly on Sunday ... following up on ShareNet stuff which don't know why became my responsibility again ... Funny nobody even asked me to do handover ...

Having said that ... I will now seriously announce ... that there's NO WAY I'm doing metrics next month ...

Recalling about 2.5 years ago when I went over to another department ... I spent 4 months doing both departments' work because my successor hadn't arrived yet ... I later found out that my old department's Executive commented that I'm a "silly girl".

And at SK today ... we talked about those other colleagues who would disappear without finishing their work ...

Somehow ... I think the Executive was right about me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home