chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Being Good is Bad?

I'm in this "war" with my customer's supplier management team. I followed the rules and did a proper change request ... and ended up they're going back to challenge me on the entire SOW on the portion that didn't change. After two IT directors told them to go away, they still won't go away and still insisting that I explain in detail on what was performed and why they should pay us.

I asked once who this guy is ... is he some big shot? Turned out he's just a contractor ... reminds me of those damn contractors working for HKSAR government who's sole purpose in life is to stir up trouble so as to demonstrate value.

Tonight, I had another worthless conference call with them again ... why I bothered? Because the IT Director said he would join the call ... but then he flew me airplane. So, I faced the devil on my own ... and as expected, was just talking to a wall. The guy even dare admitted that they screwed up at SOW review so now they're just "doing their job". I was so pissed that at certain point, I couldn't speak because I knew I would say something very nasty if I opened my mouth. After the call, I sent a complaint note to the Global Business Office ... knowing very well that they would ignore me ... or worse, tell me that I'm wrong. I almost wanted to send a note to the IT Directors to tell them I quit. And it would be good given that they are sending me to India next week.

Still quite pissed after 2 hours ... but then I read this at hocc' blog:
"If you can't solve a problem, it's because you are playing by the rules"

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!cKkIZPuaHxTOhCXELUxIt4m909E.GUCY

That statement is so true ...

So, on Monday, I'm going to draft up this list of activities per their request ... and I'm not going to play by the rules ...

In any case, from now on ... no more PCRs ... if we can ever get away with it.

It's so sad ... since I've always been a champion for process ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home