chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

ONJ in Concert


This is the 3rd ONJ concert that I've gone too ... and I'm so glad I did.

Regrettably, I did not go to the one when she was at her peak (the Physical tour) ... my brother went and took lots of photos ... I still "hate" him for not taking me ...

The first one I went to was in Los Angeles ... the first "comeback" concert after a long hiatus (after her breast cancer ordeal) ... I paid US$140 for it ... and went with my Aunt Dora. I think I was at the 14th row or something like that ... it was a great show, except for the part that my video camera was temporarily confiscated. The clips would have been really great ... and I kicked myself for not changing tapes in the middle ...

The second one was the last concert she had in Hong Kong ... it was at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. It was also a great show ... and I remembered towards the end, everybody got up and started singing and dancing along with her ... the song was Twist of Fate. However, my only complaint was that the sound system there was not very good ...

Thus, I was so glad that she has this Apr 15 show at the Colliseum. Thanks to my friend, we got seats at the 5th row towards the center ... she sang beautifully as usual. Some of the songs had a new arrangement, and they were even better than before. One of my surprise favorites was "Physical" ... a jazz version. She even joked that it's an "age appropriate" version, haha. She sang almost non-stop for 2 hours ... only stopping in between songs for a sip of tea. Too bad there's little chance that this would be out as a video ...

Will post some photos later ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home