chowbe

no pain ... no gain ... high EQ ... low IQ ... happiness is what you view it to be ...

Monday, November 27, 2006

Goodbye ...

Just back from a quick trip to Los Angeles ... I'm quite glad that I decided to make this trip since I ended up just in time to see my godmother (who's also my aunt) before she rested in peace ... although maybe I should have gone earlier when her condition was better.

Regrettably I feel that I have never really gotten very close to her that we can have "heart to heart" talk about all things since she went to US when I was very young (I believe soon after I was born) ... so I only started to know her through the years I spent in the US starting 9th grade. She's never been the warm and "chatty" type ... but I know that she's always very happy when me and/or my brother visited.

When I saw her at the hospital ... so fragile and weak ... and likely in pain ... I felt quite helpless and hoped that the suffering would end soon. I last visited her on Wednesday morning ... not sure if she even knew I was there ... and then got word when I got home in the afternoon. At that moment, I somewhat felt relieved or even comforting to know that she's in a better place ... and only a few days later on the way back on the plane that it finally sunk in and felt the sudden loss.

Wish her great happiness wherever she is now ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home